Monday 21 February 2011

The Plane Truth for Golfers: Breaking Down the One-plane Swing and the Two-Plane Swing and Finding the One That's Right for You



The Plane Truth for Golfers: Breaking Down the One-plane Swing and the Two-Plane Swing and Finding the One That's Right for You
Jim Hardy,John Andrisani | 2005-03-03 00:00:00 | McGraw-Hill | 176 | Golf

"Jim Hardy is the most knowledgeable teacher in golf. This extraordinary book will be the most revolutionary instructional book since Ben Hogan's Five Lessons."
--Peter Jacobsen, Seven-time PGA Tour event winner

Voted one of "America's 50 Greatest Teachers" by Golf Digest and ranked in the "Top 100 Teachers" list of Golf magazine, Jim Hardy is a veritable scholar of swing. He's been fixing the swings of professional and amateur golfers since 1977, and in The Plane Truth for Golfers, he makes his groundbreaking concepts available to you for the first time.

Hardy's revolutionary approach is simple: There are two sets of fundamentals to the swing, not one. There is the one-plane swing, for more athletic players, and the two-plane swing, suitable for players of all abilities. Understanding these concepts is crucial to your improvement, and Hardy breaks them down into easy-to-follow steps, complete with dozens of photographs.


Reviews
I have read many books on the golf swing by many different teachers, and I think this book has some great information not found in the others. While there is not universal agreement on the authors principles, they make a lot of sense to me. Overall, it's one of the best golf books on my shelf.
Reviews
This is without a doubt the best golf instruction book I've ever read. It tells you how to swing the golf club. I know that sound pretty basic but I have taken lessons From a pro that doesn't help you get the feel of a proper swing. I recommend this book regardless of your handy cap.
Reviews
Several times but not consistenly I've played golf with friends that were really involved. I've got thousands of advices. Can write a book if I put them all together. I went to an instructor two times with total failure. On sepetember this year my wife and myself took five golf clases w/ PGA Jim Montanaro, based on this book. He explained so simple yet so effective that I've bought it. It confirm all of what I was expecting from it. It is not a magic book. It is better than that because it make one think on what golf strike is based on your own skills. Briefly and togethr w/ jim help affter five clases I hit better than ever. I strongly reommned it.
Reviews
This book gave me the clarification I needed to resolve some mixed swing thoughts and advice from other golfers. What it also gave me was a sense of validation that my own swing thoughts were correct! I'm in my mid-50's (age, not handicap LOL!) and my swing had gotten a lot flatter. I've read Hogan's Five Lessons and found that to be generally helpful but Jim Hardy explains why some things just get you mixed up- how we setup with conflicting styles and with conflicting results!

After having read less than 40 pages I realized my custom-made irons were built to fit a standard setup a few years ago. I went and had the lie of my irons flattened by 2 degrees. Not only do they feel more comfortable at address but I'm hitting them much more accurately.

I can't wait to see how this story ends!
Reviews
This book is the first book detailing Jim Hardy's one plane swing. It can easily be read in an afternoon, and discusses the fundamental differences between the one plane and two plane swings. This book is rather basic and covers the fundamentals including grip, stance, and posture . . . I would strongly recommend looking into the second book in this series (Master Class) as it goes into more detail and has a whole chapter on drills.

Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download

No comments:

Post a Comment