Sunday 13 March 2011

Faster Smarter HTML & XML (Bpg-Other)



Faster Smarter HTML & XML (Bpg-Other)
Michael Morrison | 2002-12-13 00:00:00 | Microsoft Press | 352 | Microsoft
Now you can code your own Web pages--and produce impressive features and effects--faster, smarter, and better. This friendly, high-energy guide makes it easy learn about HTML, XML, style sheets, Dynamic HTML (DHTML), eXtensible HTML (XHTML), and more.
Reviews
I love this book! It's been a few years since I worked exclusively in HTML and this book was a great review even if I did skip some. But it has more than HTML, it introduces scripting, CSS, XML and I believe XHTML. So far I'm on the CSS section.



The reason I love this book is that it's a great read and very easy to follow. The author makes sure you know what you're doing and introduces things slowly so you can get confident with them. This book may not be a reference book but it really is great for beginners in any of the technologies it introduces.



The one con I can think of is that this is a slightly older book and some of the code doesn't seem to work any more. However, most of the code does and at least he teaches you the techniques and stuff. That is what's really important.
Reviews
I'm new to web programming & design, and this book was extremely useful.
Reviews
The book was written for absolute beginners. It assumes the readers don't know anything about the web. It is not a good reference at all. Everything was written in an essay-like format; it makes it very hard to spot or even find tag names or key words. After wasting my time in the first 2 chapters, I am going to buy another book.
Reviews
This book is great, in fact, I used it in order to make my own page.
Reviews
This book is nice book, but has some bad parts to it as well. This certainly not a book for people who already know HTML and are just looking to get all the fine little details that make websites so good. There is no coverage on HTML forms, colored scrollbars, details in anchor tags, or anything like that. Its very thorough in the stuff it covers, but misses too much to make up for it. I was severly dissapointed

Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download

No comments:

Post a Comment