Saturday 12 February 2011

Secret Dead Men



Secret Dead Men
Duane Swierczynski | 2006-01-01 00:00:00 | PointBlank | 224 | Fiction Other
"Secret Dead Men" is in a realm by itself.

When I picked up this book, I literally couldn't imagine where the author would take me from one page to the next. Swierczynski creates this odd afterlife (not the kind learned at church) and forces the reader to emotionally invest into the whacky characters and their plights.

Set in Philadelphia in the seventies, I didn't understand any of his cultural allusions. However, by the end of the novel, I was fully familiar with the Brain Hotel, the soul stealing capabilities of the protagonist, and even had a new appreciation of toilets.

This is the kind of book that will make you giddy with the eccentricity of it all... and might make you a tad disappointed in the next book you pick up. But, don't fear... I think the author has another novel coming out soon.

If it's anything like "Secret Dead Men," buy it on a long weekend. You'll want to do nothing else!
Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download

No comments:

Post a Comment