Monday 14 February 2011

Stroke For Dummies



Stroke For Dummies
John R. Marler M.D. | 2005-09-09 00:00:00 | For Dummies | 384 | Nervous System
Features tons of advice for recovery and rehabilitation

Get the latest on the symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of stroke

Have questions and concerns about strokes? This reassuring guide provides invaluable information for stroke victims and their loved ones, from what a stroke is and what it feels like to proven treatments and therapies. You'll see how to implement a plan for preventing stroke, treat the lingering effects of stroke, and maximize home caregiver effectiveness while minimizing fatigue.

Discover how to:

  • Understand what causes different types of stroke
  • Recognize warning signs
  • Get the most out of doctors and hospitals
  • Speed recovery with the best treatments
  • Help prevent future strokes
  • Decide the best living arrangements after stroke

Reviews
I had a stroke and wanted more information. This book is well written and easy to understand. I wish I had read it before I had a stroke. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in learning more about stroke and its causes.
Reviews
The whole "...for Dummies" series is great reference material, and this book is no exception. If you find yourself in the unfortunate circumstance of having to learn "ALL" about the subject of stroke, then buy this book! The information in it not only addressed many of my family's concerns, but also anticipated the struggles we fumbled towards. The chapters on what happens when the patient must leave the hospital were especially helpful.

At such an uncertain and overwhelming time, one needs reliable information which is easy to grasp. Reading Stroke for Dummies was like listening to a wise friend dispense trusted advice.
Reviews
My 82 year old mother had a stroke and I ordered this book for my dad to help him understand the process of what she is going through. He has raved repeatedly about the book. It is written in terms that anyone can understand. It's a great book! Thank you to the writers.
Reviews
I got this book late in the game. I wish I would of gotten this book when my husband's stroke first happened. it explains things pretty good. from when a stroke 1st happens to all the stuff afterwards. another good book is High Blood Pressure for Dummies. A site to go to for support is strokeboard.net - lots of great people to talk to.

Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download

No comments:

Post a Comment