Tuesday 8 February 2011

Bob Dylan: Anthology



Bob Dylan: Anthology
Bob Dylan | 1990-12-31 00:00:00 | Amsco Publications | 200 | Songbooks
Includes: All Along The Watchtower, Blowin' In The Wind, Forever Young, Just Like A Woman, and Tangled Up In Blue.
Reviews
I'm truly a beginner guitar player that loves Bob Dylan's early music. I f you are too, this is your 5 star book. If I can play this, you will be even better!
Reviews
this just what i was looking for and i recieved it in a timely manner
Reviews
This book came in excellent condition and shipping was quick. Thank you for a great product and great service
Reviews
This book is an adequate representation of Dylan material, with many songs missing that one might want (forcing the purchase of a second book).

I didn't like this book for several reasons:
1. When I was first learning guitar, I purchased it and was dissapointed by Dylan's complex chord phrasings. I couldn't play them, and at the level of a beginner, there were only a few songs that I could play.

2. As I got better, I yearned to learn how to play the songs like Dylan played them. As this book was written primarily for piano and vocal, it only has the guitar chords, and many of his songs contain wonderfully complex fingerpicking patterns and arpegios. Once I got to the level of playing where I could play the chords appropriately, I wanted more than this book could give. I pulled it off the shelf recently to play a few of the oldies that I remembered from many years ago, but put it back quickly for the same reason.

3. The book has a standard binding, so if you want to lay it reasonably flat on your music stand or piano, you will have to split the spine.
Reviews
This is a wonderful songbook as a companion to the album "Under the Red Sky". The songs pic up where the travelling wilburys left off. Dylan is clearly having fun here. And the songs are as much fun to play as they are to listen to.

Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download


No comments:

Post a Comment