Sunday 6 March 2011

SAT Math for the Clueless



SAT Math for the Clueless
Bob Miller | 1998-10-01 00:00:00 | McGraw-Hill | 160 | Education
Do square roots, logs, and graphs leave you in a cold sweat? Does the very thought of the all-important SAT¨ math send chills up your spine? If so, then you are like hundreds of thousands of students who face math only with fear. Luckily, there is a cure: Bob MillerOs Clueless series! Like the teacher you always wished you had (but never thought existed), Bob Miller brings a combination of knowledge, empathy and fun to the often-troubling subject of mathematics. He breaks down the learning process in an easy, nontechnical way and builds it up again using his own unique methods. Meant to bridge the gulf between you and mathematics, SAT¨Math for the Clueless is packed with all the information you need to conquer this crucial standardized test. This radically new approach gives you anxiety-reducing features on every page; bite-sized math portions that fit short study sessions (and short attention spans); appealing methods that make math understandable; full explanations of basic principles that make hard problems easy; quick tips for solving difficult problems; and a complete practice SAT¨-type math practice exam! "I am always delighted when a student tells me that he or she hated math...but taking a class with me has made math understandable...even enjoyable," says Bob Miller. Now itOs your turn. Sharpen your #2 pencils and let this extraordinary teacher show you how to never be clueless again!
Reviews
I loved Bob Miller's SAT Math for the Clueless. I hate math- it has always been my greatest weakness in school and especially on the SAT. In math class, I never really comprehend the material and only memorize what I need to pass the tests. But this just wasn't cutting it for me on the SAT. This book was perfect for me because I am clueless when it comes to math. The explainations and exercises where simple and easy to understand and i felt more confident on test day. In the book's introduction, Bob Miller promises that he can help students raise their score by 100 or more points. I raised my own score by 140 points and am very pleased with what this book offers.
Reviews
Each evening my SAT person studies one chapter and has greatly increased his understand and ability in HS math. The book is very nicely laid out each chapter cover one topic with examples. the last three chapters are imitation Math SATs. Wonderful
Reviews
This book is good for any student who wishes to learn more about the SAT's and some basic techniques to use while taking the test. Miller reviews material which is on the "big test" and gives practice examples. In the answers to the practice examples, he tells you what you should have done. Miller also tells the reader things that the writers of the test do to trick you. After reading a few chapters and doing practice examples, I felt much better about taking the SAT's and after reading the whole book, I felt confident that I would do excellent.

Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download

No comments:

Post a Comment