Saturday 19 February 2011

Murach's Beginning Java 2



Murach's Beginning Java 2
| 2009-02-25 00:00:00 | | 0 | Java


An exciting, new approach to Java instruction that includes the latest Java releases (1.3.1 and 1.4). In just 20 chapters, you grow from beginner to entry-level professional. Along the way, you learn how to develop GUIs with Swing components; how to work with files; how to use JDBC to work with databases; how to develop applets that are run from Internet browsers; how to work with threads; and much more. It?s all there in the unique Murach style that has been training professional programmers for more than 25 years.

User review
Great Java Book for IBM mainframers
I have many of Mike Murach's books and I like the way they are organized. I would recommend this for any IBM mainframe programmers trying to learn Java (like me). I am still reading it, but am positive this is the one of many Java books you need to have.

User review
a very easy way to learn java
simple step by step instructions. very easy to follow

User review
The best book to start in java
When I began studying Java, a friend of mine recommended me this book and it was perfect because I could learned the essential Java skills, object-oriented programming, Swing and so on. Besides, I could understand how to work with float values in my business application by using the class Big Decimal in order not to lose precision and digits.


Therefore, I can confidently say that this book is an excellent choice for learning Java and developing high quality software.

User review
Good textbook with minor errors and not very consistent structure
I am taking my Begining Java Class now and we use this textbook. Overall book is good although with some errors in text and some of the code is hard to understand without whole program code. My instructor studied on previous edition and said that previous edition was better structured.

User review
Mainframers, this is your book!
As a mainframe software engineer with over twenty years in the business, I have for several years now seen the need and have endeavored to learn some Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) language such as C++ or Java. Until recently, though, all I have had to show for my efforts is a stack of highly-rated but little-read books on the subject. The reason they are little-read is I would get about 4 chapters in to the book, only to get utterly lost and give up, and toss the C++ or Java book onto a stack of similar books in the corner of my home office, fighting the despair that I would ever learn any of this stuff.


Eventually, I got hold of Beginning Java2 (JDK 5) by Lowe, Murach, and Steelman; published by Murach and Associates. As a result of working through this book, I am glad to report that I am finally successfully writing programs using weird and bizarre (to us mainframers) things such as Classes, Objects, Constructors, Methods, Inheritance, and Polymorphism; and I am actually understanding what is going on. Even more shocking, it is fun!


I think the problem with all those other books was that they assumed the reader either knew something about Object Oriented programming, or knew nothing about any kind of programming. However, I think for some of us, when approaching OOP, knowing mainframe programming is worse than knowing nothing. This Java book clearly explains things in ways that we mainframe people can easily latch onto.


If you want to finally, successfully make the jump from legacy work to Object Oriented, this is your book.




Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download

No comments:

Post a Comment