Saturday 19 February 2011

BRS Pharmacology (Board Review Series)



BRS Pharmacology (Board Review Series)
Gary C. Rosenfeld,David S. Loose | 2006-07-24 00:00:00 | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins | 372 | Medical Assistants

This concise review of medical pharmacology is designed for medical students, dental students, and others in the health care professions. It is intended primarily to help students prepare for licensing examinations such as the USMLE Step 1 or similar examinations. Each chapter presents specific drugs and discusses their general properties, mechanism of action, pharmacologic effects, therapeutic uses, and adverse effects. Drug lists and two-color tables and figures summarize essential drug information in all chapters. Clinically oriented USMLE-style review questions and answers with explanations follow each chapter. A comprehensive examination consisting of USMLE-style questions appears at the end of the book.


Reviews
Traditional BRS books. They're great. Not much more can be said about them.
Reviews
This is not for board review and not exactly high yield for finals either. It has way too many mistakes for being the fifth edition. The ANS section is by far the most unwell written chapter.
Reviews
This is a good supplement to class notes and First Aid for pharm if you need to go above and beyond. However, it is very detailed compared with other titles in the BRS series. I found it too detailed for my pharmacology class and too time consuming for board prep.
Reviews
This is a new edition. Disregard the other reviews about the older, outdated edition.
Reviews
I was one of the few people in my medical school class that liked this book. I used it as a supplement to my class notes and pharmcards to study for pharmacology. I used it in addition to FirstAid to study for the boards. I found it to be excellent. I like the outline format. I found that it hit upon the pertain side effects and interactions, and I liked the organization. Mechanism of action descriptions were adequate for nearly all questions I was asked. Most in my class used the Lippicontt Illustrated Reviews Pharmacology book. But, they weren't #1 in their class for both Pharm I and Pharm II in medical school. I was. It is a good book. It is a little old now, and is certainly over-due for a new edition. I hope they come out with one. This book presents the facts concisely without a lot of fluff. Give it a shot. And, its cheaper.

Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download

No comments:

Post a Comment