Monday 17 January 2011

Modern Physics Student Solutions Manual



Modern Physics Student Solutions Manual
Mark Llewellyn | 2003-01-01 00:00:00 | W. H. Freeman | 120 | Physics
Contains worked solutions to every third end-of-chapter problem in the text.

Reviews
I am a physics major at Wake Forest University, and I love my modern physics class, as well as the subject. Quantum comes to me naturally (well, as naturally as nonsense can), and I absolutely love it. So know that I am not hating on this book because I dislike and or can't do physics.



The book does an interesting combination of history, and a heavily mathematical approach. The little pieces of history are nice, as I always appreciate knowing how ideas were developed.



That being said, if you're someone who likes to think of physics in more conceptual / real world terms, this book is not for you. they derive everything, and represent everything in terms of expressions. While it's nice to see the derivations, they dont do a good job of connecting the math to the concepts. Rather than explaining something qualitatively, the authors will always opt for a quantitative approach. While I feel that this is necessary and good, it is not always helpful for getting a good grasp on some of the more advanced concepts. The derivations are also often confusing, skipping non-trivial steps and introducing new variables without defining them.



The topics covered however, are really nice. the pace at which they are introduced is nice as well. I appreciate the up to date information, and the fact that the book doesn't dumb down hard concepts. The program is good, but the approach is just not what I would expect for such a complicated subject.
Reviews
The worst physics book I have ever seen.



There are enormously many mathematical errors in this book. So many details messed up or even left out. So many claims seem unlikely to be true. So many ambiguous mathematical statement.



So many sections are taken out and put online. Sometimes, a definition, an introduction of a concept or a quantity is also taken out and never officially introduced in the book. It would be extremely confusing when you are reading only the book.



Number of figures and formula jump back and forth. I guess the author has never proof-read his book after he wrote is, especially after he moves all those "Explore" or "More" sections around.



It is the 5ed already. The authors just don't do anything but get a new cover and make it a new edition to make more money. Unbelievable.
Reviews
I'm am a undergraduate student currently studying physics and this book is required for my course. I must say that I am very pleased with the condition the book was in. Also with the speed of the delivery. I had ordered my other books on a different site and this book came in weeks before my other ones did. The purchase was easy and simple, I knew what I was exactly getting at a far better price than other sites. There have been only a couple of page misprints within the book, but nothing that can't be worked around. I would recommend this seller and amazon to anybody.
Reviews
This book is of good quality. The examples are concise, but if you read and re-read carefully, they are very helpful in understanding the concepts.
Reviews
The book only has solutions to select problems. It didn't really help me.. I paid less for the actually textbook.

Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download

No comments:

Post a Comment