Monday 17 January 2011

The Happiness Revolution: Creating Balance and Harmony in Your Life



The Happiness Revolution: Creating Balance and Harmony in Your Life
Blair Lewis | 2007-01-01 00:00:00 | Alive and Healthy Institute Press | 380 | Happiness
Reviews
I got this book for a class I was taking for my licensing. Frankly I find it entirely too preachy for my liking, and would not have gotten it if it wasn't on the required reading list. Content-wise, it's written with a heavy slant to it, and I kind of think that the author is being at least a little hypocritical with the way he wrote the book.



In fairness, *some* ideas are good, but there is a lot of material that will be kept to heart only for as long as it takes to pass the course, then it will promptly be purged from memory and the book left to gather dust somewhere.
Reviews
This book has very potent and inspiring information that is practical for everyday use. The author has an entertaining, conversational style which makes the book a joy to read. If you would like to improve any aspect of your life, simply follow his wisdom!
Reviews
The ideas in this book seem nice enough on the surface, but at the same time quite out of step with reality. Yes, happiness is great, but there is more to life than this. The book contains nothing new, and in my option, may lead people in the wrong direction. Not worth the money. If you're sick or not happy, you won't find anything lasting here. The author seems to enjoy "listing" to the sound of his own words too much. Maybe the happiest I got reading this book was when I used it to cover my eyes as it put me to sleep.


Reviews
As a current medical student, I've just found the addendum to the medical school curriculum I've been searching for! After reading The Happiness Revolution, I have be shown a completely new framework upon which the rest of my own life and education will be laid--a framework that involves more emphasis on understanding the entirety of the human being; more efficient ways of achieving optimal health through such simple things as diet, sleep, meditation, and holistic medicine (to name but a few); and most importantly, a clearer picture of what it is that we are all striving for in our careers, family lives, hobbies, and each and every other aspect of our lives: happiness. This book is a truly integrative and innovative guide to living with purpose and joy!
Reviews
I continue to be amazed at how practical and accessible the author makes the insights contained in this MUST HAVE book. As a person sincerely interested in exploring all that life has to offer I am so grateful to have finally found a book that connects the dots between the esoteric teachings of the east and a much needed common sense approach to applying those ancient teachings to today's world.

Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download

No comments:

Post a Comment