Sunday 20 March 2011

Star Island



Star Island
Carl Hiaasen | 2010-01-01 00:00:00 | Knopf | 352 | Fiction Other
I think the primary criticism that some readers might have with "Star Island" is its lack of a real heart none of the characters proves to be an identifiable protagonist. Cherry's double Ann is positioned as the piece's true hero (many characters instantly love and/or admire her), but her sarcasm isn't particularly heart-warming and she's riding the same opportunistic train that every one else is. Don't get me wrong, I liked Ann fine I just don't think she served exactly the role Hiaasen set her up for. To be fair, "Star Island" is no "up-with-people" feel good hit, though. It is the grotesque underbelly of stardom and the parasites that feed off of it. And that works for me--I like that sort of thing! I plowed through "Star Island"--it is good and dirty fun!
Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download

No comments:

Post a Comment